Before buying a protective film, we must first understand that the protective film is various and customizable. For different product surfaces, the applied protective film is also different.
- The first thing we need to know the surface area clean and dry. Dirty application conditions will likely yield unacceptable results. Embedded materials and unnecessary debris adversely affect a protective film’s performance.
the most basic thing we need to figure out what kind of surface needs to be protected. For example, metal, glass, wood, carpet, plastic, stone,etc. These surfaces require completely different adhesives to perform successfully.
The beginning step is to distingish your surface smooth or rough. Rougher surface needs higher adhesives and will be more sticky.
Then Will the surface be painted or have a coating. especially for metal. Some of the coated surfaces are rough and need high tack for the film. Chemical reactions can exist between adhesives and coatings, especially the longer they are in contact with each other.
- The film be exposed to elevated temperatures or not; Most rubber-based adhesives cannot handle temperatures above 150°F. Acrylic adhesives are effective at temperatures up to 350°F, and silicone adhesives up to 500°F.
- Is the films used in outdoors? If so, how long? That's why we add anti UV material to extend the life of the protective film. The sun’s UV rays destroy adhesives over time. Protective film will not only yellow, but will become stiff and brittle, and therefore rendered ineffective. The length of time the film will be exposed to the elements will determine how much UV protection it needs.
- Application time period. If this is a long-term job, some additional component(s) may need to be added to ensure the bond of the surface to the film for the length of time you need it to hold fast.
- Storage and transportaion. Your crew may withstand extreme climates better than your materials! Consider their transport to the job site as well as the material’s subsequent storage so it doesn’t compromise effectiveness. Keep films and tapes in a cool, dry place.
- Are there other factors that need to be considered. Such as security. Or what other performance needs to be achieved.
Using the protective film in the right place and apply in right way will create unexpected value for you. And if you operate improperly or use a protective film with a mismatched adhesive, you will lose a lot. Please communicate with us in detail so that we can better provide you with a suitable protective film.